Audubon chapters support a culture of conservation in local communities through education and advocacy, focusing on the conservation of birds, other wildlife and conservation of important habitats.
What do chapters do?
- Advocate for protection of birds and their habitat by supporting local, state, national and hemispheric conservation priorities
- Offer birding field trips, identification classes and worldwide travel for members and the public
- Engage children and adults in a wide assortment of educational programs
- Coordinate outreach events including birding festivals
- Create bird friendly communities by involving residents in habitat improvement projects
- Provide data on the health of local bird species through Christmas Bird Counts, the Great Backyard Bird Count, breeding bird surveys, and other local monitoring projects
- Adopt and protect Important Bird Areas
To find a chapter in your area, use our Audubon Near You page.