The Francis Beidler Forest is a nationally and internationally recognized old-growth swamp open for all to visit.
Here are some of our accolades:
- Ramsar Wetland of International Significance
- National Park Service "National Natural Landmark"
- Society of American Foresters "Natural Area"
- National Audubon Society's "Important Bird Area"
- Nominated for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places
- South Carolina National Heritage Corridor Discovery Site
- Winner of six $1-million North Amercan Wetlands Conservation Act grants for land protection
- Home to the second-oldest confirmed Bald Cypress tree in the world